Monday 12 October 2009

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly or how to stop feeling sorry for yourself

I deleted most of my last year's blogs.

For quite some time, there were no thoughts, no lyrics, no art. There was only being in some kind of love 24/7 that left me empty. I had no energy left to see the beauty (not that there was not some around).

It is not that everything lightened up now, but I saw Le Scaphandre et le Papillon and the biggest message from the movie is that when you stop feeling sorry for yourself, the world starts making sense. So many things to write, to see, to enjoy! And so little a life we have...


Beautiful movie, amazing photography, really well acted. Not pathetic at all when telling the story of Jean-Dominique Bauby, the Elle Chief Editor who could only blink an eye after a massive stroke (and wrote a book before dying). I cannot imagine this being told by anyone different than Julian Schnabel. Hollywood? More light, better looking actors, action, action, action. It was perfect this way...

1 comment:

Sin mas nada said...

Bienvenida de vuelta!