Monday 12 October 2009

Blessed Unrest


This message is hard to write. What I want to end up saying is YOU: DO SOMETHING. There is a lot of torture, corruption, waste, environmental damage, violence... and love is supposed to be... umh... all around...

I have everything to lose. That's the first thing that comes to my mind when I look back and realise I joined Amnesty International. Some weeks ago, for the first time, I cried for something that was not myself and my really tiny love troubles... the world aches, we do have the right 'not to know' but also a major responsibility by sharing this planet -while we are around- with humans, animals, plants...


So, before 'Awakening the Dreamer' the shape of my heart was completely different. I thought that 'the power of one' was something rare and bond only to remarkable people. Being part of a cause was a waste of time - we were all doomed anyway.


What is 'Awakening the Dreamer'? In a nut-shell, it is the idea of healing the Earth. Like a cell, each human can be part of the immune system of the world through environmental sustainability, social justice and spiritual fulfillment.


So I am not chaining myself to embassies or becoming a full-time hippie. I still like getting my Vogue each month and jogging. There is however in me the 'blessed unrest' Paul Hawken talks about and each step I take from now on will aim at taking care of others outside myself. It is actually a very strong shift that if everybody experienced, could make living here easier - and here I do not talk only about the rainforest and the gorillas.


They say each mind is a world... so what if a few of us change our minds...


Awakening the Dreamer
Amnesty International



No comments: