Monday 26 January 2009

Happiness...

...is only real when it's shared.

Well, we've just seen 'Into the Wild' and did not suffer as much as when Marley (the dog) died, but still got this 'life lesson' feeling... argh, too much to bear for a Sunday evening!

What I thought about above statement on happiness is that I indeed found love given to people the most valuable, but there is also a lot of value in being with myself. See, when I was alone in Copenhagen (the first months) I had troubles being at peace. The issue was not the lack of fantastic people around, the issue was that I had to be 24/7 with Ana. Little by little I became used to enjoy my own time and company, but one day someone told me that you can get used to not needing people. 

So happiness, that warm gun... the Proust Questionnaire asks 'What is your idea of perfect happiness?' - for me it is not an idea it is many moments that make life span from bearable to fantastic. I decided that from now on I will focus on the fantastic. Shouldn't that be nice?

No comments: